View this post on Instagram
The DGC Open presented by MasterCard is in its second round today. I finished the first two rounds after two over par rounds on 144 to tie for 21st.
The first three holes I played were all bogeys for me and I responded with a birdie on hole 6 to turn things around.
In spite of my double on hole 10, I ended up making the cut by five shots thanks to birdies on holes 13, 14 and 18. Those three events were rewarding for me, as I missed the cut by one shot in my last two. Hurrah!
With swirling winds and firmer greens today, conditions on the new, tree-lined Delhi golf course at the Gary Player re-design were very difficult.
Today wasn't my finest round of golf, but I battled hard on the back nine, and I'm still in a good spot for the weekend.
On Saturday (Moving Day), I aim to make a positive move and get into the conversation, with the hope of putting myself in contention by Sunday.
It is great news to see my colleague Jeev Milkha Singh make the cut as he lies tied 57th on the leaderboard this weekend, which is great preparation for next week's Legends event on the European Tour in Mauritius.
MG Keyser, another Dubai resident, is also in good form and is even after 36 holes.
With more International Series events yet to be published, the 2022 Asian Tour calendar has now been published and the season seems to be taking shape nicely:
- From April 7 - 10, Thailand will host the Trust Golf Asian Mixed Cup worth $750,000.
- 750,000 for the Trust Golf Asian Mixed Stableford Challenge, Thailand, April 13-16.
- A profit of KRW 1,200,000,000. The 41st GS Caltex Maekyung Open runs from May 5 - 8.
- Japan, JPY 100,000,000. Diamond Cup, Asia Pacific Open Championship, Japan, May 12-15.
- KRW 1,400,000,000. The 38th Shinhan Donghae Open, Japan, September 8 - 11.
- The Yeangder TPC, Chinese Taipei, took place September 22 - 25. It cost $500,000.
- The 29th – 2nd of September, the Mercuries Taiwan Masters held in Chinese Taipei, which raised $1,000,000.
- From the first tee, my tee time from the third round is at 9.20 am and I will watch the match of MG Keyser. JEEV plays the 10th hole at 10.20 am.